Terms & Conditions
- 1. PRICES, VAT & ACCEPTANCE OF CONDITIONS
- All prices for goods in the showroom are shown including VAT at the current rate of 20%. The purchaser shall be deemed to have accepted the Terms & Conditions of Sale, without reservation, upon placing an order for the supply of goods.
- 2. SAMPLES
- Full tile samples, if available, will require card details as form of a deposit. Samples must be returned in a saleable condition within 7 days. If not you will be charged at the full RRP. If clients choose to purchase a full tile sample they are chargeable but NON REFUNDABLE.
- 3. ESTIMATION OF QUANTITIES & QUOTATIONS
- Where we calculate client’s order requirements from measurements given to us, we do so in good faith and cannot accept any liability for errors and omissions in those calculations. It is the customer’s responsibility to verify with the installer/contractor that quantities and products are correct and suitable for the project. Porcelanosa’s brassware is ONLY suitable for high pressure systems (3 bar).
- 4. ESTIMATION OF QUANTITIES & QUOTATIONS
- Our design package includes a one hour design consultation at Surrey Tiles. Using CAD software we will create a 3D photo image of your proposed bathroom scheme based on your supplied measurements, including 4 wall elevation views, 2D layout plan and a product specification provided once final layout is agreed. We do not provide a tile layout plan, but will offer advice and guidance, we always recommend you consult with your project manager/contractor. Fees: 1 bathroom £75 plus VAT, 2 bathrooms £150 plus VAT, 3 bathrooms £199 plus VAT, 4 bathrooms or more £275 plus VAT, home visits are an additional £50 plus VAT. 50% fee refundable on order over £2,500 exlcuding VAT, 100% refundable on orders over £10,000 exlcuing VAT.
- 5. SPECIAL ORDERS
- All special order items (S/O) are ordered directly from Porcelanosa’s factory in Spain. S/O tiles can only be ordered in full box quantities. S/O items have a lead time of up to 6-12 weeks, depending on the item. These items are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- 6. CANCELLING YOUR ORDER
- You have 14 days to cancel your order once placed. This applies to STOCK ITEMS ONLY. Refunds are made within 7 days once the cancellation has been processed by the same means of payment. Special Order items (S/O) cannot be cancelled.
- 7. PAYMENT METHODS
- Bank transfers, debit and credit cards are accepted apart from AMEX. All orders must be paid for in full at time of order placement.
- 8. DELIVERY
- Standard delivery on orders under £1,250 ex.VAT is £60 ex.VAT. Orders over £1,250 ex.VAT is £30 ex. VAT. Orders over £2,000 ex. VAT are FREE. X-Light deliveries are £150 ex. VAT. Deliveries of products from Surrey Tiles or Porcelanosa/DHL will be to the nearest entrance at ground floor level, subject to ground and access conditions. YOU MUST inform us at time of ordering of any special access restrictions or any issues that may prevent a successful delivery e.g. road restrictions, access, unsuitable surfaces i.e. gravel driveways. Should a re-delivery be required there will be an additional delivery charge. Risk in all goods passes to the purchaser at the time of delivery/collection. Where delivery is to site you will receive an email confirmation prior to the delivery detailing the date and your responsibilities.
- 9. SHORTAGES & DAMAGES
For deliveries direct to customers and collections from Surrey Tiles, it is your responsibility to check the goods for damages and shortages. All damages and shortages must be reported in writing with pictures within 48 hours of the delivery/collection. All goods must be examined before fixing.
- 10. RETURNS AND RE-STOCKING (STOCKED ITEMS ONLY)
At our absolute discretion and subject to any conditions we stipulate (upon production of a valid sales invoice) within 21 DAYS of delivery of the products (either delivered direct to customer via supplier or to our premises) accept their return. (STOCKED ITEMS ONLY) A charge of 25% will apply to the returned items. Tiles will only be accepted in full box quantities. We will not however, agree to you returning the products if: the products have been damaged, modified, changed, started to be installed or boxes are damaged. We will only accept goods in a re-saleable condition.
- 11. SHADING & NATURAL PRODUCTS
All goods must be examined before fixing. Surrey Tiles will not accept any responsibility for shade variations on additional orders or in tiles that have been fixed. Slate, Stone, Marble, Limestone, Travertine and Terracotta are natural materials and are therefore subject to variation in shade, colour, size, texture and thickness. The information and advice we offer is given in good faith and without guarantee. No responsibility will be accepted by Surrey Tiles for any of the above inherent characteristics once the tiles have been fixed or sealed.
- 12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Surrey Tiles will have no liability for any consequential loss or damage suffered directly or indirectly by the purchaser, including but not limited to wasted time, expenditure, loss of profits or any claim against the purchaser by any person.
- 13. CREDIT ACCOUNTS & INTEREST CHARGES
All credit accounts, unless otherwise agreed in writing, are due for payment 14 days from the last day of the month the goods are invoiced.
- 14. RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
No part of this agreement shall confer nor be intended to confer a benefit on any third party for the purposes of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or for any other purpose.
UPDATED: FEBRUARY 2019